I do not believe it. I did it again.
After unravelling back to the last mistake, I carefully calculated where I was again, and started again, the next button hole was fine, and I blithely kept knitting and then... yes, did exactly the same thing again, missed my tally mark spot and made the same mistake of being several rows too short for the next buttonhole, and didn't see this until I had cast off again.
So back I went. I'm now back up to the neckline where the very last buttonhole is, and the piece now has the most measured and counted buttonholes in history.
I am still kicking myself, it's not like I learned to knit yesterday and this is far from my first garment. It's probably a good thing I like the yarn so much and have the holiday time to undo the mistake. I'm kicking myself because by now I should have the second front done and be working on the second sleeve, instead of take 3 of the neckline of the first front.
No comments:
Post a Comment