After sleeping in so late, I didn't get much done as my head was full of foggy overslept clouds, so I decided to at least spend the day knitting as stocking stitch does not need rocket science concentration. So I knitted, and knitted. And the left front of Cara-mint grew and grew. I had a break for a while during the afternoon, and then began to shape armholes and on up the front to the neckline shaping. And after I had just shaped the shoulder and cast off the last stitch, I looked again at my buttonholes and something was just not right.
Buttonhole 4 was too close to buttonhole 3.
So I counted rows and looked and sure enough I was ten whole rows too short. And then I looked at my tally mark book that I keep to mark off rows and somehow I'd jumped from tally number 52 down a line and missed doing rows 53 to 60. Sigh. So now I've just pulled it out back down to the row with the too soon buttonhole and threaded my stitches back on and done a row to straighten them into the correct alignment.
Sigh. Now I'm back to about 12 rows from the armhole. So tomorrow will be deja vu day. I've lost about 3 hours of solid knitting. C'est la vie.
My commiseration. Been there, done that.
ReplyDelete