It's gone. My lovely long holiday is finished and it's back to work. While I feel much rested, I honestly feel like I could so easily retire for a quiet life of relaxing but unfortunately, I'm too young to access my super and bills still need to be paid and a yarn habit to feed. And a fabric habit and a sewing habit and....and......
I had hoped to finish Cara-mint before I went back to the salt mines, but the back is still a work in progress. 35 more rows to the armhole shaping and then it should fly to the finish. If I am very good, I should finish it this weekend, including the sewing. I am quite pleased with it so far. Then my pink ribbing must get some rows done and I'll pull out my long sleeve variegated dark blue and aqua winter cardigan from its hiding place and give it a fright.
Did I have a resolution for this year? Only a fairly serious one of making myself some garments as my wardrobe is very bare of nice hand knits and the yarn and patterns are there. Nothing fancy, that's not me to be lace and frills and flounces and tizz. When you look like a tall plump blonde giraffe, plain is best and the yarns I like most seem to like being plain, or simple.
Maybe that's why I bought some 2 ply yarn from Yay for Yarn to make a shawl for my sister so I can make something a little lacy and fun but still practical and in colours she should just love.
No comments:
Post a Comment