I took ages to decide on a pattern, and I'm still not quite sure how I decided on this, considering knitting ribbing is one of my least favourite knitting tasks.
But the pattern looked so nice. So I started in the last few weeks of December to work on it, and started with a sleeve as there was no pattern to learn and after all, if I didn't like it, pulling a sleeve out is not quite as bad as seeing a back unravel...all that effort...The sleeve grew and I loved it, and so I went on to the front and sewed its buttons on as I went. And now the other front is in progress. Button holes matching the buttons as it grows. After this, the second sleeve. The finally the back. Now that is the daunting part. Will I be all ribbed out by the time I get to it? No. I've cast on for the back, and every once in a while, I add a few rows to it, working on the theory that by the time I get the other pieces finished, then the back will be well on its way up to the armhole shaping, and therefore, less ribbing to do!
I have hidden all my other projects to work on just Cara-mint and this one. By the time it is finished, it may even have a name too.
It looks lilac /lavender to me!
ReplyDelete