First day back at gym after about a seven year break. I've been thinking about finding a gym for a while, and this one seems to be okay. One of the reasons I decided on this one is it offers pilates, and I've always been curious about this as a form of exercise.
So yesterday I did a class that was a combination of pilates, yoga and tai chi. Lots to learn, and lots of room for improvement for this body, yet it was fun, so I will definitely persevere with it as the improvement and flexibility and stretching alone will be worth it. The rest of the time I'll just be doing the boring old bike and treadmill and some weights and slowly rebuilding some fitness and the habit of attending gym again.
It was so hot yesterday, by the time I'd been at the gym and came home, all I wanted was lots of tepid water and a nap although the little nap I planned turned into a 4 hour one. And when I woke it was still very hot outside and bedroom was so cool and comfy, that it was so hard to wake up.
The weekend just seems to fly by. I'm still trying to get my washing up to date. Still have things to hang up and the bed to remake with clean sheets. I love clean sheets. There is something so nice about having a soothing shower and then jumping between fresh sheets - clean skin against clean cotton.
At least I managed to get to the supermarket today for some fresh food. Now the fridge is full of fresh vegetables, fruit and some steak and chicken ready for the week. Because there were some nice roma tomatoes at a very cheap price, I'm going to make an old family favourite - hash - just stewed up tomato and onion with a sprinkle of salt, pepper and some basil and lastly some cabanossi tossed in at the last minute to warm through and then served on toast to soak up all the juice. Very filling and easy and as long as the sausage component is kept restrained, very few calories to the overall meal. So I'd better go and cook it, and clean up a few odd plates and cups in the sink, where they have been breeding since last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment