I wish I knew how to take one of these more often. In a former life, in a former occupation, we used to call them Mental Health Days.
I think I'll call this particular day off "Recovering from the Heat Day".
Unfortunately, Summer and I do not agree. A day or two yes, and if the temperature stays under 30° and the humidity is low, Summer and I can tolerate each others company quite nicely and even be the best of friends.
But Summer had decided that Melbourne should try to turn itself into a sub tropic climate during the last week featuring over 30° days and higher humidity so we can experience energy sapping days and uncomfortable nights. And this builds up to one constant headache and exhaustion.
So today, I was forced to take a sickie. Now my best friend is my headache tablet and Summer and I are not speaking.
Summer is also not being spoken to because we have this:
And what we do not have is any sewing up of this otherwise completed garment. It is just too uncomfortable to sit under a pile of knitting and sew up seams.
And knowing Summer, it will suddenly pretend to be Autumn for a few days, and that is when this garment will be needed.

I had a few headache tablets over the last week as well. Summer is awful...and we have had days of rain and humidity. Still...musn't grumble...much :)
ReplyDeleteI knew I should have bought shares in headache tablet companies years ago - might get back in dividends what I have to spend on pain relief every summer!
ReplyDelete