It's a blue world after all..

I've finally finished something and it's blue and I love it!!!
I'm a terror at starting projects and then getting side tracked or simply losing interest in them. Today I did finish a blue cardigan that I started at the end of last winter. One day I will get my camera organised and put a picture here of it.
At the moment it is going around and around in the washing machine, having its first bath. I am really quite pleased with it. I did it with an imitation cable pattern and double rib bands. It pulls in and looks a lot smaller than it is, and stretches out to show off the pattern quite nicely. I hope it looks okay when I try it on later. Even if it doesn't look quite right, at least I have a practical warm cardigan to wear around at home and at best, one that's okay to wear for work.
Tomorrow I will pick up, literally, where I left off on my off-white cardigan. I've got one front, a sleeve and half the back knitted, so it's already half done. If I work constantly at it, I should be wearing it by the end of June. I've found some leaf shaped buttons in the exact matching shade of off white, and they have a delicate mother-of-pearl sheen to them.
Many of my other projects are now tucked away now, carefully zipped into the blue shopping bags with silver linings so they don't tempt me. Apart from my next cardigan, the only other project I want to have out is a black, gray, white and purple afghan rug I am making as a surprise for my sister. I think the biggest surprise will be when I finally finish it. She's always wanted one in these colours but is not a crotcheter. I had forgotten how much of the rug I had already done. One weekend soon, I will organise myself and prepare a bag of colours to take on the train with me so I can crotchet away happily to and from work. It's amazing how much I can get done in the train. I should not be surprised, I normally get a solid hour of work done in the morning and perhaps half an hour in the afternoon.
Tomorrow is going to be an EXPENSIVE day. I am taking a sick leave day to go to the dentist. I'm not scared of dentists...well, not until the bill happens. A few weeks ago, another one of my teeth broke. This is actually due to some poor dentistry I received in my teens. The filling is fighting the tooth and as one flexes and the other does not, add in a molecule or two of water under the filling that should not be there, and all the ingredients are right for the tooth to eventually crack. It's a bit annoying as this is the fourth one now since 1985, and the tooth is fine otherwise. It doesn't need root canals as it is a healthy tooth, it just breaks off along the gum line and I lose one of the quadrants of my molar.
And every single one has broken on seeds. I don't eat multi-grain bread because it is responsible for the first two. The last one cracked on a seed in a bread product that was not supposed to have them, but did! I should have known better and not finished eating the bun. Once it gave the distinctive bang sound in my head, I knew I just had to wait for the section to shear off. It can take months to finally shear off.
Oh well, hopefully tomorrow night I will have it remoulded like the other three, and that will be the last time it happens. At least my bank account hopes so!

2 comments:

  1. Exactly the same thing has happened to some of my big molars. MY dentist said it is age and all the drugs I have to take. It is horrid, isn't it? And very expensive too. Good luck!!
    Hurray for finishing your cardi, I am looking forward to pictures. The leaf buttons for your off-white one sound just lovely too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hope this is the last one, although age is a factor I can't fight off! The dentist did all the x-rays today, and next Monday is the day I get to sit in the chair while he puts in posts and moulds the new shape around them.

    ReplyDelete