T-T-T-Tingle Head, all I've got is a tingle head...

Whew, it's done. My tooth is fixed!
I've just got to wait until the injections wear off and until they do, I can't eat and I sound like I've had a serious afternoon on the gin and tonics! My tongue just won't move to the right position to make the right sound and it slurs a little as it comes out.
Next I have to get a filling (at my age!!) and a scale and clean and I should be okay for another 12 months.
I had a lovely weekend, just pottering. Finally I got my pansies planted. It may not be the fanciest arrangement as far as garden colour schemes go, but one side of my back steps I have purple, black and white violas and on the other side, a large punnet of every shade of pansy in a rainbow coloured selection. I hope the snails stay away from them, I've set my beer traps and now it's misty rain.
I did a lot of knitting in between pottering. I've finished the front of the gray cardigan and have decided I do like the simple diamond purl pattern and that it should only be on the fronts. The rest will be plain stocking stitch.
My off-white cardigan is growing too! I've returned the back to its needles from the stitch holders and started the second sleeve. Today, on the train trip home from work, I hit the 50 row mark on the sleeve so that's half the arm done to the sleeve head shaping. I've found that 20 rows of rib, plus 100 rows exactly on 4 mm needles gives me the sleeve length I like from underarm to wrist. It's a tiny bit long, and allows a nice gather into the wrist and ease in movement when I'm wearing it. It's being made in Magnum Soft and it has a lovely sheen to it that is picking up the simple slip stitch pattern I'm using... k2, slip 1 purlwise, k1, yrn, psso and continue to the end. I can't remember what it's called in the book of knitting patterns that I found it in, and today Lovely J at work described it as a baby cable, and it does look a little like that.
I've only got 20 minutes to wait until the dentist said I can eat, but I don't think I will until my face is completely back to normal with feeling otherwise I can see myself accidentally biting my tongue or cheek and I don't need that !! So I'll just sit here and tingle a little more...

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to you you are dentally fit again. I hate the drooling weird half anaesthetised feeling. Better than pain, but that hour before you're allowed to eat seems endless!
    I have never really thought of my ideal sleeve, though I have an ideal sock. I must take note next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I got a triple dose yesterday as it took over three hours to get the feeling back in my face. I was soooooo hungry by the time I could cook some dinner about 9 pm. And the cup of tea dribbles about 8 pm was not a pretty sight.
    I think I downed my dinner faster than a Labrador puppy when it was cooked!

    ReplyDelete