I Feel Gritty, Oh So Gritty...

One of life's mysteries to me, is why I can't sleep soundly on the night before the work week starts. Most weeks this is Sunday night. Up until about 6pm Sunday I can fall asleep without a care and have delightful cat naps and long long 8 hour nights of bliss, but come the night before the work week starts and it's all bets off.
It's not the little nanna naps that day, I make sure I don't have one. It's not from changing my diet or eating too much or too little. It's not extra cups of tea or coffee, it's the same as any other day.
There just seems to be a trigger that happens and suddenly the ability to just peacefully slip into sound soothing sleep evaporates. The bed that was so comfortable and warm the night before becomes lumpy, cold and hard and the pillow becomes an uncomfortable rock.
It makes that first day of the week back at work so much harder to cope with. At the moment, because today is Monday, and yes, last night I had 4 hours of broken sleep, my eyes are now heavy and gritty and my body is dragging down with tiredness.
It's not a nice feeling at all, the dull brain fudge feeling. I really have no right to complain at all. Compared to say the tiredness of someone going through chemo or radiotherapy, I don't even rate, as one good sleep and I'm cured.
But tonight my Monday brain feels like badly made fudge, the kind that went a bit gritty and burnt. I think it is telling me that it's time to go to bed, and the washing up can wait.
Sigh, then the wide awake Tuesday morning brain will not like finding the dirty plate in the sink, and will complain.
Perhaps I might just stay in bed until Wednesday? Perhaps my Wednesday brain will cope.....
Time to find Teddy and go to bed....
Sleepy bo-bo time!!

1 comment:

  1. Sleepy bobo time- just like Graeme on The Goodies. We sometimes go Sleepy bobos too.
    Isn't it always the way that the night before work you can't sleep?? I remember that. The best feeling is waking up on Saturday and thinking it's a Friday. The worst is waking up on Friday and thinking it's Saturday. Happy sleeping tonight.

    ReplyDelete