To spend or not to spend...

Today I collected my mail and there was the voucher from a certain chain of stores that sell fabric, party goods, curtaining, yarns and so on. One of the reasons I like to watch out for this voucher that seems to turn up about once a year, is that it is basically a 40% discount if I spend $100 or more. I like to watch for it so I can assess my domestic situation regarding towels, sheets, doona covers and see if I can match the voucher with any other specials that are happening at the same time. I know it's all marketing and a ploy to get us to spend, so if I don't need the items, the voucher goes in the bin and isn't used.
However I did need new sheets as my white sheets are getting very thin, so I went for a rummage and found some lovely light blue sheets in the size I needed already reduced $20. I scrounged around the store for other items that were on my needed-and-have-been-waiting-for-such-an-occasion list, looking for bargains until I reached the magic hundred and then scurried for the checkout. Now the new sheets are going around and around in the washing machine and the packaging sorted for the rubbish.
I will enjoy my nice new sheets as for the last few weeks, the poor sheets on my bed have had to cope with my being sick. They've been on and off the bed so many times to have a bath to be freshened up after I've been lying on them all day.
There is something about fresh sheets that is just one of life's pleasures, especially if the sheets have been able to flap in a breeze and dry in sunshine.
In a few weeks, I am taking a few days leave, and I am looking forward to spending a little extra quality sleeping time with my new sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment