My dreadful flu has departed, just leaving behind a dripping nose and persistent cough so yet again I've added to the wealth of the pharmaceutical companies and come home with yet another bottle of cough elixir and hopefully the answer to the unrelenting drips.
If I had to give one piece of advice to everyone, it would be to go and find a bottle of Betadine Sore Throat gargle and at the first sign of a scratchy throat, begin to use it. This is not a nice flu. I was asked at work today how bad was it. If glandular fever scored a 10 out 10, then this was an 8.5.
I can feel very virtuous though, I did not go to work for the whole of last week, and so failed to infect at least 10 trains of packed commuters with the thing.
And because it's always best to look for the positives in everything, I have managed to lose several kilograms because food has no appeal. A diet of oatmeal porridge, bananas, tubs of yoghurt and soft boiled eggs were all I could bear to eat. Even though I've made myself a healthy meaty mix of vegies and mince and pasta, I seem to crave porridge! Plain old rolled oats with a sprinkle of sugar and a splash of full cream milk. Mmmm could eat a bowlful right now.
It was such a lovely day too, so I quite enjoyed the trip to and from work for the first time in days, and I'm hoping before the week is out, that this whole episode is behind me. Because....holding breath....next month .... I'm actually taking a holiday!!!! The week before Easter is mine all mine. And with an extra day tacked on at the end to cover Anzac Day falling on Easter Monday, I will have 10 whole days to call my own.... No illness or flu can dare to upset this plan!!
I hope you are feeling better very soon. I have a sinus infection this week, it's no fun either and yes, right here in my box of drugs and things I have some of that throat gargle!!!
ReplyDeleteBetter to get the sickness over before your holiday though!!!
Sinus infections are no fun at all, I've seen my sister go through 2 ops due to sinus problems (details best left out as it's not pleasant).
ReplyDeleteHope your sinus infection goes quickly !