And now for something completely different...

I'm actually on holiday!
And I'm not sick, the weather is lovely and I have another week and a half to go!
It's a rest and relaxation holiday, my poor old bones are demanding some down time and my brain has asked for a vacation from work, so that is what they are getting.
It's a funny feeling to be on holiday. I've not had a rest like this for a long time. Sick leave yes, the odd day off yes, but a whole week or more of just holiday, it's been a long time.
This afternoon was so lovely I went out and attacked the overgrown front garden and got one bed done. It just needs a sprinkling of mulch and it's finished. The next one will take me quite some time, so I'm planning on working on it over the next week, an hour or so a day. Then I'll plant out my annuals in my back garden bed.
And the rest of the time, I will be knitting. I have so many projects on the go at the moment, I need to do some finishing off of a few of them, and last night I spent an enjoyable few hours working on my dark purple tunic top while watching Morse. The sleeve grew and even though I remembered "who dunnit" about half way through, I still watched it to the end and enjoyed it all over again.
My back is now telling me it needs to have a heat pack applied to it and would like to go to bed while the heat does its work. It really is painful tonight, but it is not going to stop me from getting my gardening done and enjoying my holiday!

2 comments:

  1. Happy holidays!!I always think that holidays engender a sudden rush of enthusiasm and energy!!
    I am glad you are mostl;y well enough too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)
    It's so lovely to be feeling almost well and getting lots of little tasks done, that were starting to feel like they could build like a large brick wall.

    ReplyDelete