And then there were none...

No tissues that is, I've been through a whole large box of aloe vera tissues and that's just here at home. Last Thursday I began to sneeze and by Friday night it was a full blown head cold, one of the worst I've ever had. I don't remember much of the weekend, and by Monday was calling the doctor's surgery for an appointment. She took one look at me and told me to go home to bed for another 2 days. Tomorrow I'll crawl into work but my cool boss said it was okay if I did a half day for the next 2 days. So far copious applications of Vicks has kept it from going into my chest.
And I do need to get better! I had already had leave booked in for next week. So if I can just make it through clearing my emails and making sure everything is up to date, then I can have my holiday time and really recover from this cold. Half of what is making me sick is the monster cold sore that has my glands up like balloons. I hate the things and this is the first one in nearly 3 years. 
So have I survived 3 days of daytime television? No. I didn't even try. I have been catching up on a backlog of shows that I've acquired so I've seen all the episodes of The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency and enjoyed it immensely. Harry Potter movies, Rosemary and Thyme episodes and Lewis. And today I knitted for the first time in ages. 
A long time ago I decided to use up all the 8 ply acrylic leftovers by knitting them into plain garter stitch squares. I need to do 16 squares of each of the nine colours, 144 squares in all and I was well over half way to the total, so I figured that even with a sick body and fuzzy brain, I could cast on the 20 stitches needed and knit the 28 rows so off I went. Slowly. And now I have a few more of the lilac coloured squares added to the pile. 
I still haven't decided how to sew them together. I am thinking of doing a round of double crochet around each square and then i think of the effort.... I think I'll keep on thinking about that a bit more...
Now it's time to think of sleep, the rain and hail is hitting the window as I type and the wind is blowing quite strongly. Good sleeping weather and tomorrow will be a struggle to get through until lunch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment