Tick tick tick ....
A few months ago my niece gave us all the lovely news she was expecting in September, due on my Dad's birthday.
After much thinking about what to give as a gift, I finally decided on a bunny rug. Traditional baby garments were not practical and babies grow so rapidly. While it might be fun to do some booties, a bunny rug seemed more like a gift that could be used for a few years. I found some soft white cotton yarn, and a suitable pattern for crocheting. As she lives in the far north of Queensland, I decided that cotton would be the best yarn to use. It took a while to locate a suitable pattern - nothing too lacy for tiny fingers to catch in, and suitable for using like a blanket. Now it has come to crunch time. I have done three whole rows so far and it's time to just get going with my crochet hook!
The poor bunny rug has neglected so I could finish another cardigan and is compteting for attention with two other tunic jumpers that are demanding to be made. Right now! It's so cold that it's easy to convince myself there is plenty of time left but there is a small part of me that keeps saying there isn't.
Now it's a cold, gray Melbourne day, and it's time to get cracking! I'm going in.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope the crunch crunches so you can get crocheting!! maybe a nice Winter's day is what you need: stuck inside in a warm house with nothing to make but a bunny rug.
ReplyDeleteDear 2paw, I hope the inspiration hits too. I've managed a few more rows since the post and am very pleased with how it looks and feels so far.
DeleteI've managed a few rows now, it's not hard to make, just have to be dedicated to doing a few rows per day.
ReplyDelete