O my Luve's like a red, red rose...

It's Valentines Day. No roses...yet. Not that I expect any as my OH is only just starting a new job after some months of looking for work. Fingers crossed that this one is a good one, or at least, a good stepping stone for his career. Love you OH xoxoxoxo

On the Keeping My Resolutions front, I am managing to do some. January was all about rest, recuperate and recover. And I managed it. February is about think before I eat and modifying or creating new habits for sleeping, eating, adding in exercise and work thoughts. So far so good, not easy, but each day I manage a bit better. I'm even managing to do some long long long...okay, from the Prehistoric Work Problem Era...spring cleaning. Even if it is just clearing one shelf or making my bed nicely every work day, then it's a goal achieved. So far I've cleaned a few spots and I've almost got the lounge room looking perfect all the time, just need to wash the windows and the curtains and it's done!

I'm not sure what to call March, but I'm thinking it's going to be Feed my Brain month. I need to update a few skills to go confidently into interviews, as this current job, although it promised to use them, has not by any stretch of the imagination, and my advanced skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc have atrophied into copy and paste and Autosum. I've got a sort of dummies Access book and for the rest of February, I'm going to be working on that as I want to build one for work to improve a problem. I also must admit I want to do it and then go, na na nana na, like a child, just to show them I wasn't lying about my skill. It's coming back quickly and I just need to keep working on this book to switch from Office 2000 to Office 2010 and I'm set !!

Anyway, dinner is served! No, it's not a romantic one, it's leftovers. Can't waste good food.

1 comment:

  1. You can't waste food, though here, Labradors often get the vegetables from my friends' fridges!! March for the Mind sounds like a good idea. You might find your skills come back really quickly once you start using them again. My spring cleaning Mondays went by the wayside once the weather got hot, so well done on your good work!!

    ReplyDelete