I didn't get Twitter as a social medium until I got a new phone. Now it's a great source of news updates, cancelled trains, comedy and the occasional comedian. I think it took having an iphone to understand why people can be addicted to it. While I rarely tweet, I do find it useful for news headlines and it is even giving me some job leads and a good laugh.
It's only two more sleeps until Christmas. Maybe it's the smell of stone fruits, some jelly lollies and cooking boiled fruit cake that is making me nostalgic but this is the strongest tugging of memories I've had in years. The nights at my grandparent's farm waiting to go to sleep so the mysterious Father Christmas could arrive, or the times at the beach when my parents rented a unit for three weeks and the whole time tasted of watermelons and mango and new buckets and spades and sun creams.
After a day of sloth while a nasty headache prevented me from doing much, I am ready to crash into bed again, and dream of the past in the loveliest way
Merry Christmas everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment