I've come to the decision that it is time to change jobs. I have multiple reasons for wanting to change and I wish most of them didn't exist.
The short story is I've incurred an injury because of my job, and the way I am being treated because of the limitations of the injury, which is still being treated and not yet cured, is little short of a disgrace. The very fact that I have an injury that is taking so long to heal is bad enough, and getting me down, without the mental bullying of the most senior management.
I guess I am fortunate that I have good friendships and support among my peers who can see what is going on, and a faultless track record as a hard worker, and the action I have taken to have this injury paid for by the company is also to try to stop this happening to anyone else. One of them today called me a strong woman. To me, I am weak, scared and fighting off bouts of crying and depression, and on my next scheduled visit to the doctor, I must talk to her about this threatening black cloud. I have never so desperately wanted a week of my life to pass so quickly as this week, when I then go on some annual leave, organised before this all began.
Although I am not in the best state, I've dusted off my resume, worked on it and today submitted it for two jobs. The worst that can happen is they will say no, and the next worst thing is that I can go for an interview to get back into the job hunt groove. I have to start somewhere and although this is hard, I must do this for me.
Bullies must not win. I will not stay, even if come the end of January and if no new job by then, I will consider just quitting anyway, and then working my tail off to find a new position. Today one of my friends and I promised to talk to each other on the same day in 12 months time, no matter where we are or what we are doing, to share how both of us have escaped our current nightmare, because yes, she is in the firing line too.
Sad yes. Might end up on happy pills yes.
But either God or the Universe will hear my prayers and good friends will get me by.
No comments:
Post a Comment