One of my favourite movies of all time is Blazing Saddles. I can remember it for a few reasons. One of them is when it came out, two of my brothers and I were allowed to go to see it ...all...by....ourselves.... We were teenagers and fighting for a bit of freedom, and my older brother had just got his licence. So off we cruised to see the movie. Normally not a fan of much American comedy, (but that's another rant for another time), this was different. One of my favourite parts is when Madeline Kahn's character, Lili Von Shtupp begins to sing her "I'm tired" song.
When I get very tired, like I am at the moment, this little song tends to drift through my head. Not all the sentiments in the song apply to me, but it does give me a little chuckle.
I would love to have a nice long holiday, several weeks off, but I can't see it happening for a while. Perhaps at Christmas time I might have a full 2 weeks off. That would be so nice.
For some reason, and I have no idea why, I am craving lamingtons. Not just any old square lamington. What I really want is like a swiss roll lamington. I don't want the ready made one from the supermarket. I want to make the sponge in a swiss roll tin, fill it with fresh mock cream, or perhaps real cream (that craving changes each day), some tangy raspberry home made jam I have in the cupboard, and then coated with a chocolate ganache style icing with coconut. I know, I know, it's calories galore. Perhaps this weekend, I might just succumb to its temptation... I just need to buy some real chocolate....and the cream... oh, and do I own a swiss roll tin? Time will tell!
Oh, I love your description of the lamington roll. It sounds so delicious!! Hope you find the time to have some and feel less tired.
ReplyDelete