Beached...

It's starting to be light when I leave home in the morning and tonight I got home and there was the faintest glow of daylight still showing. No wonder I feel like Mole at times. I only seem to be home in the dark night hours for so many days of the year. Just time to wash, eat, sleep and make clothes clean again.
Today I was checking my pay slip and calculating how many hours, days, and weeks of leave I have owing. Despite trying to use them up, I've accrued even more. I'd love to just say I'm taking them all at once, and then relax on a beach in peace somewhere in the sun. I can't see me doing that though. Perhaps I might take an extra week at Christmas? Who knows. I don't mind having a two or three or even four weeks of annual leave up my sleeve but when it will be well over the 6 week mark by the end of the year by the end of the year.
Oh well, maybe I can dream of a beach, a towel, a glass of something cold and wet and delicious and nothing more pressing than deciding which salads to make for a BBQ lunch or which book to read next.


2 comments:

  1. I have noticed the days getting longer too, it is a nice feeling!! Only about 6 or so weeks till Daylight Saving, hurray!!
    My friends long for a year of four day weeks but the LSL won't allow that, an extra week at Christmas sounds nice though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd vote for a four day working week as long as the pay was the same.
    Make Monday the new Sunday!

    ReplyDelete