Dear 2011..

I'd like to have a chat with you, 2011, if I may, before you get started.
There are a few things we need to agree on before you arrive in a blaze of fireworks and champagne.
The first is that you will assist in keeping any New Year resolutions I am making, vis a vis living a healthier life. You will assist by providing regular dates for massage, exercise, chiropractor appointments and (shudder) the occasional medical appointment. Please keep the last to an absolute minimum.
The second is that you will also assist by providing me with the "me" time so sadly neglected by the your recent predecessors. This will take the form of more time to read, sew some nice clothes, completing knitting projects, keeping my house tidy and clean, and watching the occasional good show on TV. You will keep time at work to the allotted paid hours and will not add extra unpaid tasks to them (see complaints filed against 2010).
The third is that you will provide a beautiful summer (not too hot too often), a magnificent autumn (as picturesque as you can make it), a winter of glorious proportions (and weather designed for hot chocolate and home made soups) and a spring of freshness, beauty and new life.
I hope this is not too onerous for you.
Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you at midnight on 31st December when we will begin our happy partnership.

No comments:

Post a Comment