Finally my cold went, but not much of a holiday was had. Even now I still get a bit tired and the cough has finally gone in the last few days. Hard to believe a month has nearly flown by.
At least knitting is back on the agenda and my little sock projects have been making progress. Most days I can get in a good hour or so while on the train. I really should be working on something more useful like my cardigan projects but it's harder to carry a half knitted 8 ply back piece compared to a sock.
I've managed to get my week night meals a bit better organised. One of the problems of not getting home until about 7 each night is cooking a nice meal. So I've been looking for things I can make that I can cram full of extra vegetables to make a complete meal. Luckily it's good weather for stews and casseroles and I'm really appreciating being able to reheat my dinner while I cook some quick rice or pasta to go with it. I made a nice apricot lamb tagine (minus the chilli) on Saturday night and now there are a few serves left in the freezer. I love slow cooking the stewing cuts of meat and how the meat becomes so tender. I've got braised steak and spaghetti sauce in the freezer as well as chicken vegetable soup made with thigh meat. This weekend I want to make another beef casserole but haven't decided just which recipe to use yet.
Another 5.30am start beckons so it's time for trying to sleep.
I used to think it was funny when my dad went to bed early, but now I'm just like him. I need to be asleep by 10 on weeknights or I'm only half awake the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment