It's been a long 2 weeks and it's not over yet.
LS had her op and came through it well. Unfortunately the pathology results found it was cancerous and that one of the lymph nodes also had cancerous cells so LS has been back into hospital for more surgery. Mainly it was a preventative op to remove lymph glands and now we wait again to see what this round of pathology says. Then we find out what is next for her. If all is clear, it will be medication.
The other alternatives we are trying hard not to think about. While she is very positive and recovering well, it is the dealing with others that can be exhausting. Especially a mother who doesn't listen to what she is told and takes what she thinks she is hearing, puts a negative spin on it, and then rings up other relatives and gives them the totally wrong idea, the opposite of what we have told them. She managed to give my youngest LB a major panic attack with her nonsense. It makes it very hard to keep positive and deal with things when she makes it just so much harder to deal with. That's her though.
After I visited LS yesterday, I walked across Fitzroy Gardens back into the city, mainly to clear my head and get some exercise. It was such a beautiful day.
There has been no knitting or any craft for weeks now. I hit the wall physically today, wanted to stay in bed and sleep, but I have not got one clean work outfit in the cupboard and about one pair of clean knickers left in the drawer! Not a good look on the train to work, me in just a pair of daggy cottontails!
So the washing machine has been going all day and the dryer to get each load done. I am so tired I planned the loads all wrong and forgot to put the sheets in first so I could give them a day in the sunshine, so they are now going around and around in the dryer.
One more load to go in the dryer and a mountain of already dry piled on my bed. So after I make some dinner and tidy up, the tv in the bedroom will go on, and while Talking about your Gen and Bones are on, it will all get put away, the bed remade and then I will crash.
Wish tomorrow was another weekend day. I am counting down the days to Easter for a few days R&R.
No comments:
Post a Comment