Today I felt so cold going to work. After months of dodging, I finally had to ride in one of the old silver rattlers and I doubt if its heating system was working. After over an hour of opening the doors to the freezing dawn, the temperature in the carriage felt about 5 degrees and my fingernails had turned blue.
The tram I caught suffered the same disease.
It wasn't until I got home that my feet began to thaw out, and now, tucked into my lovely oh-so-not-sexy fluffy lined Grosby slippers that I can no feel the tingle of the blood flowing again. Another few minutes and the hot wheat bag will be under the doona warming up the sheets and then I can finally get warm.
Bliss....
Until tomorrow when I get to do it all over again. Here's hoping for a toasty warm train to be rostered on for my time slot.
It's cold here too, but it doesn't get really cold till after the Winter Solstice. Then, it's cold!! I have my hot water bottle right now though!!
ReplyDeleteToday was even colder !! And you are so right, it is not even the coldest month yet. The funny thing is I'd rather be like this than in a 40 degree heat wave any day of the year.
ReplyDelete