When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang upon those boughs which shake against the cold

Decisions, decisions. I have several coat patterns spread across my bed and at least 4 pieces of fabric in my stash destined for coathood. But which pattern? Which piece? 
Will it be the beautiful gray woollen fabric with its soft jacaranda lining that I bought at the end of winter sales last year? Will it be the polar fleece that I can't remember buying? 
Will it be the tailored pattern with its pleated back and knee length warmth that I only found a few weeks ago? Will it be the casual reversible jacket pattern that I've had for a few years? And just where have my good Italian leather gloves gone? 
With this week's promise of colder weather, I just can't procrastinate any longer. 
That tram stop at the top of Collins St may look photogenic with its tumbling autumn leaves floating down across the tram tracks, and the scent of coffee wafting from the cafe opposite may seduce tastebuds into steering one's body towards the source. But the truth is that a ten minute wait for the 112 is enough to freeze one's ..... nether parts .... to the seat, set teeth chattering, and the breeze has sufficient time to find any small chink in one's clothing and one's brain begins to slide into thoughts of warm beds and doonas and sleep when it is still only 8am. 
I need a warm coat that covers me from neck to knee, a portable blanket with some cosy pockets for hands and a few inside hidden pockets for an ipod and mobile. 
I guess it's time to go back to the patterns and make my final choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment